Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Matrimony for my homie.

I wrote this in October as a gift to my friend who got married the following December and performed in at Jojo's spoken secrets. Found out I can't memorize like I used to, but it was all good.lol

I don’t want to understand the words.

I’d rather understand your love in more ways than one.

No empty phrases laced with false promises and no clarity

No text messages full of false hope and insincerity.

No lustful infatuations filled with short cummings

But spiritual connections worthy of making angels gleam and illuminate their wings.

Real talk, no flings.

Show me sweet nothings by laughing at the lame jokes that I miss the punch lines for.

And that look on your face when you’re thinking that I can’t help but to adore.

Show me that chivalry isn’t dead but existing in you by leaving that space on your chest and knee just for me.

And by putting the toilet seat down without piss all around.

Never let me go when I’m irritated with you knowin’ that all I wanna do is smack you upside the head

And I’ll keep in mind all the thoughtful things you’ve said.

Love notes compare nothing to the voice your read them with

Because pens haven’t inked my conscious with words memorable enough to convey the whole essence of your message.

I want to love you like I’ve never loved another.

Smooth like butter. Exposed, no cover.

Take down my cognitive walls as I undo yours

And peel back your layers

So we can re-create our cores

Both having equal shares

Let our hands do the talking. And trust me. I’ll be gentle.

Love birds playing in the Spring, we’ll resemble.

Undress me with your thoughts.

Touch me here, here, and here. (My mind, eyes, and heart for those whose minds are in the gutter.)

Show me your soul and I’ll show you mine.

Revealing that we’re both beautifully human, divinely favored and ever thine

Your mine, and I’m yours

And we both belong to The One who’s Son bore thorns.

Sleep with your eyes open so that you can see the rest of me while I breathe you in continuously.

Waiting to exhale has never felt so good because I get to breathe you in again and again.

So much so that it should be considered a sin.

Your spirit is the one they talk about in bible verses and love songs.

One so delicious and worthy of righting all my wrongs.

Kiss me when the sun sleeps and when crickets sing their midnight hymns and when grass sheds its early morning tears

So that our unconditional love can fight away our fears

I want to know you better than you know yourself. I wanna taste your tears. Hold my hand forever so that our love with outlast your years and I want my ears to always remember what you sound like.

I wanna grow wise with you on the front porch as the rocking of our chairs complement the melody made by our hearts and fireflies in softer skies.

Let our love grow so deep that we get lost and have to find each other again.

Speak love as freely as the wind so that our children will know that

God=Love=Life and that 1+1=One

Smile at me when I’m wrong

And I’ll agree with you when you’re right

Let me be the one hold your heart

You be my ‘Brother to the Night’.

So shhh..

And when it’s all said and done

I don’t want to understand the words

I’d rather love your love in more ways than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment