Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Wrap It Up.

Hey guys. So just to give you a little summary of what I've been doing these past few weeks, I've been finding out information about online/video editing for my JN 315 class. It's been cool so far. Learned alot things I didn't know and look forward to knowing more about computer programs in the future. But since I've been looking closely at Final Cut Pro, I've learned how much the editing software can do for so many types of editing. FCP is used in the newsroom for editing web sites, it's used in broadcast news for logging tapes and making commercials, it's used by independent film makers and for high profile productions, like hit TV show, Everybody Hates Chris. So, I've learned that non-linear editing is essential to how we get our news and information. Journalists can also use FCP for digital storytelling, which it the bomb! As you can tell, I love digital storytelling.

Anyway, through the reading I've done and the conversations I had with James, I think I've gotten closer to being a convergent media journalist. Yay! Pretty sweet, huh? I know what everybody's saying about newspapers and how they're dying and what not, but I don't think journalism is dead, it's going through a rebirth, and with that rebirth comes new avenues for telling stories and getting news across, like Final Cut Pro.

It's been fun, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment